Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain Latta Kefir
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring to combine. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place kefir mixture in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
3. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken, breast side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; grill 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of breast registers 160°. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 10 minutes. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Coarsely chop chicken and place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4. Add grapes and remaining ingredients to chicken mixture; toss gently to combine. Chill 30 minutes.